[erlang-questions] Misultin EOL

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Sun Feb 19 22:42:09 CET 2012

On 19 Feb 2012, at 01:24, Tim Watson wrote:

>> One thing Yaws needs to improve is embedding.
>>

> I'm pretty sure that since the Yaws build has been rebar-ized, it'll
> not be too hard to figure out how to modify it to be (a) part of a
> release instead of a stand alone deployable - if this is not already
> the case as some on this thread seem to have suggested - and (b)
> possible to make it easier to embed.

Well, I had my own facepalm moment when I first tried to get embedded yaws
working in a rebar-generated release, using what was pretty much exactly the
json_rpc_example from the yaws docs.

The thing I didn't think of was that rebar releases use embedded code loading by
default, and I had omitted the 'compiler' app from the release. Because of this,
yaws couldn't compile the .yaws files.

A small gripe with yaws is that it gave me no clues about what was wrong.

Anyway, switching to appmods was very easy, and now, both methods work, as I
have the compiler app loaded.

BR,
Ulf W