[erlang-questions] Sergey Aleynikov (Ex Goldman) acquitted

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Fri Feb 17 15:24:06 CET 2012

Indeed a promising development for Serge!

I think this was a bit extraordinary:

On February 16, 2012, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit heard oral argument on his appeal and, later that same day, ordered his conviction reversed and a judgment of acquittal entered, with opinion to follow.

The same day, after hearing oral arguments? This has been going on since 2009!

More info on the original conviction here:
http://tsi.brooklaw.edu/cases/united-states-v-aleynikov/reports/case-report-united-states-v-aleynikov

"At best, the Aleynikov case looks like an attempt by federal prosecutors and the courts to set a strong example that this sort of conduct will not be tolerated. "

And more info on the acquittal here:

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-17/ex-goldman-programmer-s-conviction-overturned-on-appeal?category=%2F

Interestingly, inflation has expanded the amount of code copied from "thousands of lines of code" to "hundreds of thousand lines".

BR,
Ulf W