[erlang-questions] VM using only 2 out of 8 schedulers available

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Thu Feb 16 08:01:14 CET 2012

What is your real problem except that there is no reported cpu load on some
of the cores?

When there is low load on the system i.e. when there are too few runnable
Erlang processes some of the schedulers will automatically be put as idle
letting the remaining schedulers run all processes. When the load increases
the idle schedulers will be taken into service again.

Each scheduler normally runs on one processor core.

Can this explain what you have observed?

/Kenneth Erlang/OTP Ericsson