[erlang-questions] [ANN] sheriff 0.2: parse transform for type-based data validation

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Tue Feb 14 17:01:06 CET 2012

Right, forgot about that. I also want pre-defined functions for
validating things like emails, URLs and others that string() or binary()
types can't define. But I'm not sure this should go in sheriff proper,
it could very well just be another library, perhaps generated based on
RFCs or something.

On 02/14/2012 04:24 PM, Tristan Sloughter wrote:
> It would be nice if the validation of a type could be defined as a fun.
>
> I was going to build something similar to this for validation on models
> in a web framework. So for validating email addresses and things like
> that. More complicated than a simple type.
>
> Tristan
>
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 8:35 AM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED
> <mailto:essen@REDACTED>> wrote:
>
>     In the short term fixing bugs, adding the missing iolist() and
>     iodata() validation and a couple other less documented types.
>
>     In the long term it would be nice to find a way to generate
>     validation functions also for types found in the Erlang libs, or at
>     least a certain subset for the most used of the lot, like the
>     calendar module for example.
>
>     I'm open to any and all suggestions at this point.
>

>     On 02/14/2012 02:38 PM, Ignas Vyšniauskas wrote:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         I'm confused why no-one is excited about this, this looks
>         awesome! I am
>         already looking forward to using this in our project.
>
>         Loïc, are there any milestones/plans regarding further
>         developement of this?
>
>         Regards,
>         Ignas
>
>         On 2012.02.13 10 <tel:2012.02.13%2010>:52, Loïc Hoguin wrote:
>
>             Hello!
>
>             We just released the first beta version of the sheriff parse
>             transform.
>             It allows you to validate data against types defined through
>             the Erlang
>             type system.
>             <..>
>

>     --