[erlang-questions] GFS/Hadoop implementation using Erlang?

Gustav Simonsson <>
Mon Feb 13 13:57:15 CET 2012

Riak supports LevelDB, which has similarities with BigTable which is built on GFS.

Gustav Simonsson

Sent from my PC

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hendrik Visage" <>
To: "erlang-questions" <>
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 1:35:50 PM
Subject: [erlang-questions] GFS/Hadoop implementation using Erlang?

Hi there,

 I'm looking for some Erlang implementations of
Hadoop(HDFS)/GoggleFileSystem. any know implementations?
Any similar stuff?

I'm seeing potential use/needs for something using GFS/Hadoop(HDFS)
(especially with a nice map-reduce type implementation on top of it
with code/processing following locality of the file's chunks) and no,
I have issues with caffeine ;)

(And yes, it's a teleco with millions if not billions of records to
process etc. ;)

erlang-questions mailing list