[erlang-questions] very large networks of erlang nodes?

Miles Fidelman <>
Sat Feb 11 23:53:06 CET 2012

Does anybody have experience running an Erlang environment consisting of
100s, 1000s, or more nodes, spread across a network?

I'm thinking about applications like  and , that
distribute processing tasks across huge numbers of PCs, taking advantage
of shared cycles to run long-running, data intensive jobs that can be
parallelized -- and more generally about the BOINC platform

Seems to me that Erlang would be a great platform for such things.  Sort
of wondering if anybody has played with anything along such lines.

Miles Fidelman