[erlang-questions] The future of Erlang and BEAM

Radek poprosturadek@REDACTED
Sat Feb 11 15:00:35 CET 2012

Hi Miles,

Well, although I didn't mean to write a new language (I meant writing
Erlang-for-JVM, but rather as a DSL), I agree that Erlang IS very mature
and stable. And of course, it started as a industry-level language, so
it's designed to operate as such.
I was just wondering if and maybe we could benefit from being hosted on
JVM which is, although not THAT industrial-level, also capable of being
used in such conditions and is most popular VM on the world (so far).
The obvious advantage of using Erlang in such conditions would be (apart
from above) just not using verbose Java, which is big plus on it's own
:) (in my opinion).

So, if we could have both of the worlds, i.e. industry-level of OTP and
JVM ubiquity, that would be something huge I think.

Greetings,
Radek