[erlang-questions] Dialyzer vs funs with unknown arity

Magnus Henoch magnus.henoch@REDACTED
Wed Feb 8 15:37:09 CET 2012

> Magnus Henoch wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm trying to get Dialyzer to accept a type spec containing a fun
> > of
> > unknown arity.  According to the manual
> > (http://www.erlang.org/doc/reference_manual/typespec.html) that
> > should
> > be fun((...) -> ReturnType), but when I run Dialyzer, it gives me
> > an error.
> >
> > I'm probably missing something obvious but I really can't see
> > it...
>
> You are not missing anything.  I've submitted a patch about this
> which
> is currently cooking in 'pu'.  Hopefully it will be ready soon.  See:
>
> https://github.com/erlang/otp/commit/b92234d1b1b527bb56e5b66d206ea50fcb82c381
>
> Kostis

I just tried this with R15B, and it failed in the same way.  Some searching
revealed that this patch was dropped on 2011-04-13.  Are there plans to fix
this in some other way?

Regards,
--
Magnus Henoch