[erlang-questions] Why system_flag(scheduler_bind_type) is deprecated?

Rickard Green rickard@REDACTED
Thu Dec 27 00:45:05 CET 2012

On Dec 26, 2012, at 5:21 PM, Max Lapshin <max.lapshin@REDACTED> wrote:

> Why system_flag(scheduler_bind_type, How) is deprecated in favor of +sbt flag?
>
> This sbt flag is different when I have to launch via escript or via erl and this is why it is less convenient than using system_flag call.
>
> Also system_flag call can be called according to some system configuration file and sbt needs full restart.

Both the 'cpu_topology' and the 'scheduler_bind_type' arguments of the system_flag/2 BIF are deprecated and will be removed since we do not want to change this configuration in runtime. With the support for this we got today the runtime configuration change isn't that problematic, but it prevents future planned improvements from being implemented.

Regards,
Rickard Green, Erlang/OTP, Ericsson AB