[erlang-questions] SSL decrypt error during SSL handshake

Daniel Luna <>
Thu Dec 20 16:39:27 CET 2012

Most likely this is the same bug that bit us a while ago.  With
certificates from GoDaddy.

Here http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-bugs/2012-August/002996.html
plus related emails.

This was fixed in R15B02.  From the release notes:

   OTP-10222  Workaround for handling certificates that wrongly encode
	      X509countryname in utf-8 when the actual value is a valid
	      ASCCI value of length 2. Such certificates are accepted by
	      many browsers such as Chrome and Fierfox so for
	      interoperability reasons we will too.