[erlang-questions] Bound(?) var in anonymous fun

Pablo Vieytes pablo.vb80@REDACTED
Tue Dec 18 11:54:53 CET 2012

I want to delete an item from a list and I've written this fun.

delete_key_from_list(Key, StatusList)->
    lists:foldr(
      fun(Key, Acc) ->
      Acc;
 (Another, Acc) ->
      [Another|Acc]
      end,
      [],
      StatusList).

src/file.erl:172: Warning: variable 'Key' is unused
src/file.erl:174: Warning: variable 'Key' is unused
src/file.erl:174: Warning: variable 'Key' shadowed in 'fun'
src/file.erl:176: Warning: this clause cannot match because a previous
clause at line 174 always matches

I guessed Key was bound so I could use for pattern matching. It's very easy
to fix it but I don't know why it doesn't work.

Fixed version:

delete_key_from_list(Key, StatusList)->
    lists:foldr(
      fun(K, Acc) when K == Key ->