[erlang-questions] rpc call and mnesia transaction

arif <>
Sat Dec 15 17:36:46 CET 2012

I'm having some trouble with an rpc call in R5B03-1.

I have one node, , with mnesia running and with a table

If I use rpc to read a record from a shell running on another node, it
works fine.

()1> Fun = fun() -> mnesia:read(mytable, akey) end.
()2> rpc:call('', mnesia, transaction, [Fun]).

However, if I put the code in a file:

do() ->
    F = fun() -> mnesia:read(mytable, akey) end,
    {atomic, Result} = rpc:call('', mnesia, transaction,

and try to execute anrpctest:do(), it fails.

()4> c(anrpctest).
()5> anrpctest:do().
** exception error: no match of right hand side value
     in function  anrpctest:do/0 (anrpctest.erl, ....

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks and regards