[erlang-questions] simple_one_for_one supervisor, transient restart strategy

Paul Peregud <>
Fri Dec 14 13:40:04 CET 2012

I've distilled the code to minimal form. And the error is no longer
there. So it seems that I misdiagnosed the source of the problem.
Anyway - here is the code:

test case:

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Arif Ishaq <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have tried this with R15B and it works for me.
> In practice, I have the child implemented as a gen_server which handles messages stopnormal, stopshutdown and stopabort treated with {stop, normal, State}, {stop, shutdown, State} and {stop, abort, State} respectively. When I send the messages stopnormal or stopshutdown, the child dies without getting restarted. When I send a stopabort, it gets restarted with the arguments with which it was created.
> Can you please post your code to see what went wrong?
> Regards
> Arif

Best regards,
Paul Peregud