[erlang-questions] Running rebar generated release failing with Kernel pid terminated"

Tuncer Ayaz <>
Thu Dec 13 12:12:10 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Vineet Naik wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Dmitry Klionsky wrote:
> >
> > Actually, it doesn't seem to be a good idea to manually exclude any
> > application until you know precisely what you're doing. Reltool
> > will exclude any unused applications itself. Just stop excluding
> > the applications in reltool.config and see if it works.
> Not able to get this to work by removing the excludes. Getting all
> the previous errors of "init terminating in do_boot" again.

Can you post the complete reltool.config or preferably a demo project
so that we can help you fix the reltool spec first?

What OTP version are you using?

As you can see in
if you have complete (and correct) app resource files, reltool figures
out all required apps and modules automatically without the need to
specify detailed inclusion/exclusion rules.