[erlang-questions] What do you like the most about Erlang/OTP?

Ivan Uemlianin ivan@REDACTED
Tue Aug 28 07:43:29 CEST 2012

I loved the ease of working with binary data.  Using that for the first time was "laugh out loud".

I liked the fact that erlang was an "old" language --- not "flavour of the month" or "new kid on the block". Erlang had matured for so long quietly --- like good wine or cheese.  This helped my client of the time go with erlang too --- the huge projects that erlang had been used for.

Line-by-line erlang can feel difficult and slow to work with, but when you look back at what you've created (and consider how you might have created that in Your Other Favourite Language), you realise erlang is a very helpful language.

I like the fact that "behaviour" is spelt properly.

Ivan

--
hilaritas excessum habere nequit.