[erlang-questions] edoc: documenting behaviours callback and preprocessor macros

Magnus Henoch magnus.henoch@REDACTED
Fri Aug 24 17:55:12 CEST 2012

Francesco Mazzoli <f@REDACTED> writes:

>   1. Is it possible to document behaviour callbacks?  I have to use the old
>      `behaviour_info/1' form for compatibility reason.

There is a patch for making edoc list the callbacks, so that you're no
worse off than with behaviour_info:

https://github.com/erlang/otp/commit/715bb8044600ec16ad6ba97de9d033f6a5c06bfe

It is lined up to be released in R15B02, due 5 September.

Of course, it would be nice if edoc would display the callback types,
and allow documenting callbacks like it does with -type declarations,
but I'm not aware of anyone working on that.

Regards,
Magnus