[erlang-questions] stockdb: stock exchange quotes database in erlang

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Fri Aug 10 23:10:19 CEST 2012

Hi.

I want to announce our library stockdb: https://github.com/maxlapshin/stockdb

It is a specialized database, that can store stock exchange quotes in
a compressed append-only file, with indexes and auto-repairing.

Level of compression is rather high: out data compressed 100-200
times, comparing to CSV.

It is written in erlang with some places, reimplemented in C for speed.
It is rather fast: about 80 000 inserts per second and about 200 000
reads per second on moderate hardware.

It is an infrastructure code, so we've decided to opensource it.

Thanks to my colleague, Danil Zagoskin for doing most part of work.