[erlang-questions] Partial disk based and partial memory based terms

Maruthavanan Subbarayan maruthavanan_s@REDACTED
Mon Aug 6 11:30:20 CEST 2012

Hi,
I am building an application that would receive requests on bulk and process at back-end. I wrote an code where requested would be inserted into mnesia and the would be processed later.But ended up in a situation where started receiving enormous requests and processing of the requests took more time. So gradually, I faced couple of times where erlang got crashed due to insufficient memory allocation on RAM. There were around 300K records while it got crashed.
Is there any workaround where I can keep only 10-20% of the total records in RAM and remaining in disk at any point of time. I have Gigs of disk space and only Megs of RAM. I am looking this as an alternative because It would also give memory for other process in the machine without occupying it unnecessarily.
Thanks in advance,Marutha