[erlang-questions] beam.smp is killed by oom

ori brost oribrost@REDACTED
Sun Aug 5 19:40:10 CEST 2012

We are load testing a server we implemented in Erlang. Memory usage for
beam.smp stays doesn't go above 30% memory until we get to roughly 93000
connections. During what appears to be roughly 5 seconds, beam.smp is
killed by Linux's oom-killer (I'm assuming that during these 5 seconds, mem
usage spikes up). Any idea how we can trace this problem?

Some traces from our system:

This is what beam.smp prints shortly before it is oom-killed:
http://pastebin.com/s4sJqXwY

This is dmesg output:
http://pastebin.com/wFUw84yj