[erlang-questions] Crash while using mnesia

Maruthavanan Subbarayan maruthavanan_s@REDACTED
Fri Aug 3 12:35:09 CEST 2012

Hi Again,
When a dump is created due to failure in allocation of memory, Is there a way I can check what was the memory size that was free in the machine from the erl_crash.dump?

Thanks,Marutha
From: maruthavanan_s@REDACTED
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 05:00:46 -0400
Subject: [erlang-questions] Crash while using mnesia

Hi All,

I am an application that receives series of requests and stores in mnesia table for processing and once that is processed it is deleted from the table. I have done this so that I dont miss out any requests. so while starting the application each time, I process the pending requests before I process new requests.

It seemed to be running while for couple of days and after that it gets crashed. I could see from crash dump that enough memory was not allocated. But I could not identify where the memory is being used. because the mnesia db directory was hardly 10K including logs. Attached dump is the recent one (http://www.sendspace.com/file/w2b2tm).

So I just included a heart while starting up so that it erlang restart itself. But again caused a dump stopping the application without restarting. I am running erlang using a pipe.

Kindly help me to identify why these two issues happen.

Thanks,

Marutha