[erlang-questions] installing erlang documentation

7stud <>
Wed Aug 1 05:11:17 CEST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: "Michel Rijnders" []
Date: 07/31/2012 03:02 PM
To: "7stud" <>
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] installing erlang documentation

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 8:13 PM, 7stud <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I successfully installed Erlang on Mac OSX 10.6, after untaring and doing:
> ./configure
> make
> sudo make install
> and I've been practicing Erlang for a couple of weeks as I read "Erlang Programming".
> But I'm having no luck installing the erlang documentation.  I downloaded the binary version of fop and set my JAVA_HOME environment variable to /Library/Java/Home, and I can successfully echo $JAVA_HOME, but the fop command is not recognized on the command line:
> -bash: fop: command not found
> so I assume that means that the elrang installation can't use the fop command to install the documentation either.  At this point, I don't know what to do.

You probably know this, but just to be sure, both HTML documentation
and man pages are available as separate downloads from:

Thanks, I didn't know about the docs download.  But once again I am having trouble accessing the docs.  I can certainly untar the file:

...but then what??  The README file gives no hints about how to install the docs.  And this is what I get:

~/Downloads/otp_docs_man$ erl -man lists
No manual entry for lists