[erlang-questions] Erlang based media server?

Pablo Platt pablo.platt@REDACTED
Tue Apr 24 19:06:05 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm looking for an open source media server written in Erlang.
I need it to implement a video conferencing in Flash and in the future hopefully to support HTML5 as well.

I've found two projects:

https://github.com/processone/oms
https://github.com/erlyvideo/erlyvideo

oms looks like it's been discontinued.

erlyvideo support many features but the few docs are hard to understand and questions on the forum sometimes not answered for months.
The relation between the commercial version and the open source version is not clear to me.
The open source version is 2.10.18 while the commercial version is 3.x.x.

Does anyone have experience with oms or erlyvideo?
Are there another options I'm missing?
Is it a good idea to use erlang based media server instead of a media server written in C++ like rtmpd?

Thanks