[erlang-questions] Error building OTP R15B01

Jon Watte <>
Fri Apr 20 03:47:53 CEST 2012

I'm trying to build Erlang/OTP R15B01 from source, on Ubuntu Linux 10.04
LTS x64, using the "dh" debian wrapper tool for generating an internal

When I "make install," I get the following error (this is very likely
unrelated to the Debian tools):

make[5]: Entering directory
/usr/bin/install -c -d
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 erlang-skels.el erlang-skels-old.el
erlang_appwiz.el erlang-start.el erlang-eunit.el erlang-flymake.el
erlang.el README test.erl.indented test.erl.orig \
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `test.erl.orig': No such file or directory

I configure with the following options:
CFLAGS="-g -O2" CXXFLAGS="-g -O2" CPPFLAGS="-g -O2" ./configure
--enable-hipe --enable-threads --enable-smp-support --enable-kernel-poll
--enable-native-libs --without-javac --with-ssl --prefix=/usr

Is this a known problem? Is there a recommended fix (other than just
removing TEST_FILES from the emacs application makefile)?

Jon Watte

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to
the republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and
justice for all."
~ Adopted by U.S. Congress, June 22, 1942