[erlang-questions] "Securing" code in Erlang when deployed on customer's machines

Kannan vasdeveloper@REDACTED
Thu Apr 19 09:32:26 CEST 2012

Hi,

We most often use combination of many techniques to prevent and detect
piracy.

Checking the environment of the software, e.g. OS parameters, hardware
configuration, MAC address. These can be put on a encrypted 'Key File'.
Also, some one time configurable customer specific parameters that are
critical to the business logic can be put on this file instead of providing
an interface to configure them. Prohibit system backup, allow only the data
backup by providing a proprietary interface. Include system signature in
the error logs and dumps. Keep track of the configuration changes in a log
file. Allow some configuration changes only within a limited period of
time. This time can be put in the key file. Timed checkpointing of the
system signature to a licence server.

Hope this helps to some extent.

Kind Regards,
Kannan.