[erlang-questions] How to handle a massive amount of UDP packets?

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Wed Apr 18 18:34:20 CEST 2012

Active, once is the recommended way to implement a server in both UDP and
TCP.
The use of active once is superior to the other alternatives from a
programmatical standpoint, it is clean and robust. I don't recommend the
use of active true or active false just for performance reasons, because it
will cause other problems instead.

We are currently working with improvements regarding active once for TCP
since it obviously seems to be slower than necessary. Most probably it is
the same with UDP and we will look into that as well.

We don't think there need any significant performance difference between
active once and the other alternatives and hope to have a solution
confirming that soon (meaning r15b02 or 03)

Regards Kenneth Erlang/OTP, Ericsson