[erlang-questions] Is there an accepted way of including GPL code in a project?

Tom Burdick thomas.burdick@REDACTED
Mon Apr 16 21:37:14 CEST 2012

Why does it even require a lawyers opinion on this to figure it out?
Shouldn't it be rather obvious what the intent is rather than require
a lawyer to interpret what it really means to "modify" "link" and
"distribute"

"Can I use this without breaking the GPL?"

If it the question is there, and lawyering is needed to figure it out
and that wasn't the intention why use the GPL?

Its off putting to a lot of people including myself when the intention
was not to require me to provide my software licensed under the GPL or
GPL compliant licensing as seems to be the case with PropEr.

Tom