[erlang-questions] character output problems

Wes James comptekki@REDACTED
Fri Apr 6 22:42:45 CEST 2012

When putting some data in to riak or postgresql the data coming out
isn't right. For instance the text going in to the database is:

Ekologie lučních porostů

But when a search is done on the data (via cowboy), the results coming
out look like:

Ekologie lučních porostů

When I was working with lists in the past (using yaws), it seemed to
work, but the results coming out are binaries and I think the binary
representation is causing the problem or converting from binary is
causing the problem.  Is there a way to fix this?

When looking at the data in psql it looks right.

Thanks,

-wes