[erlang-questions] Split Cowboy's acceptor and HTTP code

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Tue Apr 3 17:36:58 CEST 2012

It does not do your life easier. Three files of 20kbytes are not a problem.

But splitting will make impossible using git bisect and will bring
exponential number of combinations of cowboy and cowboy-www with
exponential number of bugs.

I can promise that in two months after splitting cowboy into two parts will
appear next webserver, which is "fast and convenient to use, not like that
bloated cowboy, which doesn't fit into one package".

I understand an idea to push some good part of cowboy into OTP. But plain
splitting will bring nothing but pain.

There is really no problem in checkouting several http-related files if you
are just using cowboys acceptor.