[erlang-questions] Common Test Hooks

Ola Andersson A ola.a.andersson@REDACTED
Fri Sep 30 13:57:42 CEST 2011

Hi CT users,

I wonder if anyone else has tried out the relatively recent addition of Common Test Hooks in Common Test?
In the project I'm working in we have used it successfully for about six months now.
I think it's a very powerful tool for creating behaviours that are common to multiple test suites.
We also use CT Hooks to start up and supervise resources and to perform cleanup and recovery actions after
failed test cases. It saves the testers a lot of work.

The CT Hooks functionality is still in alpha vsn according to OTP R14B03 but I think it's stable enough
to go ahead and use it. We have had no problems at all during these six months.

If anyone else out there has used CT Hooks I would appreciate if you could share your experiences and maybe
provide some new ideas about creative usage of the feature.
BR,
/OLA.