[erlang-questions] Erlang on ARM9?

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Tue Sep 27 19:03:39 CEST 2011

On Monday, September 26, Gustav Simonsson wrote:

> The trapexit guide assumes you have a proper cross compilation toolchain.

Yes. And, if you want to compile R14B (i.e. the current Erlang
version), it's best to ignore the trap exit guide, it's intended
for R13B03 and earlier.

(I wrote the trap exit guide for R10B, based on things I'd picked up
since R7 or something. A bit after R13B04 came out, I changed the wiki
page to say "don't bother reading this if you're using R13B04 or
later" near the top. Maybe it's time for me to retire the whole page,
R14B is firmly established.)

> You can generate a ARM9 toolchain using OpenEmbedded either by following
> one of the guides online for creating a OE toolchain or by configuring OE
> for a ARM9 machine and building some app or system image with it, as that
> will also generate a ARM9 toolchain.

Another popular (free) toolchain is DENX ELDK

   http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/ELDK

I haven't used OpenEmbedded, so I don't know if it's better or worse;
just mentioning it as another alternative.

Matt