[erlang-questions] erlang gen_tcp:connect/3 not working with rpc:call/4, anyone knows why?

Tim Watson <>
Thu Sep 22 14:46:56 CEST 2011

On 21 September 2011 19:48, Allen Kim <> wrote:

> I don't see any difference from outputs from the following commands.
> It both uses native lookup.
> Anyway, it is not a big deal since I do not use Mac for staging nor
> production. it's only for development.
> However, I hope it's better to be consistent on all kind of *nix
> environment.
> Or, it could be me only.
> Any Mac user who what to test this?

Yes I've noticed similar problems before:

I don't know if the issues are connected, but it does seem like OSX
"badness" as on various linuxes and solaris it doesn't seem to crop up at