[erlang-questions] PropEr way to deal with recursive types

Joseph Norton norton@REDACTED
Sat Sep 10 04:17:19 CEST 2011

James -

See the SIZED macro and resize command.

Here is an example that decrements the size for each recursive call:

type(Gen,Type) ->
    ?SIZED(Size,resize(if Size > 0 -> Size-1; true -> 0 end,type1(Gen,Type))).

https://github.com/norton/ubf/blob/master/test/qc/qc_ubf_types.erl

Depending on your needs, you may want to divide by 2, take the square root, etc.

thanks,

Joseph Norton

p.s. Take note - there is an open issue related to PropEr's resize implementation:

https://github.com/manopapad/proper/issues/10