[erlang-questions] Developing killer / open source apps

Chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Wed Sep 7 11:01:46 CEST 2011

On 1 August 2011 23:53, Nick S <nick.sfx.1@REDACTED> wrote:

> I have just finished implementing a "professional" Erlang server, and with
> time and enthusiasm in hand, I would like to start working on something
> personal.
> I must say, it has been really fun writing apps in OTP and see it
> processing millions of messages without ever crashing...!
>
> Would appreciate some new ideas, that would be useful to community :)

Support for web services would be nice. There is some support for SOAP using
a combination of code from erlsoap and erlsom, but it is a bit clunky. What
would be nice is comprehensive support for this as it exists in other
languages such as Java and Python. This would also encourage adoption of
Erlang in the enterprise community.

cheers
Chandru