[erlang-questions] use of opcode 153; this emulator supports only up to 152 after upgrading to R140B4

Björn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Mon Oct 31 09:19:45 CET 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 5:10 AM, Bryan Hughes <bryan@REDACTED> wrote:

> 20:55:02.982 [error] beam/beam_load.c(1365): Error loading module
> httpd_util:^M
>  use of opcode 153; this emulator supports only up to 152^M

This is strange.

This kind of error message generally means that you have attempted
to load a BEAM into an older run-time system than it was compiled
for.

Opcode 153 is the new 'line' instruction introduced in the R15 release
(to support line numbers in exceptions), but R15 has not been released
yet. The support for line numbers in exception is included in the 'master'
branch in our git repository, though. Did you happen to build any BEAM
files with a BEAM compiler compiled from the master branch?