[erlang-questions] 2 (unrelated) questions.

Paul Barry paul.james.barry@REDACTED
Thu Oct 27 09:58:30 CEST 2011

Thanks Geoff and Ahmed for those answers.  :-)

I'm interested to know why register() doesn't support remote PIDs, but
I guess that's a question for the language implementers.  Of course,
that said, it looks like the "global" library is what I'm after: "In
this module, the equivalent of the register/2 and whereis/1 BIFs (for
local name registration) are implemented, but for a network of Erlang
nodes." - so there's my answer right there.

Thanks for that pointer (Geoff) and thanks for also for the link to
the list archive (Ahmed).  I'll be sure to check there *first* from
now on.

Regards.

Paul.

--
Paul Barry, w: http://paulbarry.itcarlow.ie - e: paul.barry@REDACTED
Lecturer, Computer Networking: Institute of Technology, Carlow, Ireland.