[erlang-questions] RFC: On `inet_tcp_dist` and `erl_epmd` interaction

Ciprian Dorin Craciun ciprian.craciun@REDACTED
Tue Oct 25 16:00:59 CEST 2011

    Ok... As not many responded to my email, actually no-one :), I've
prepared a small branch based on R14B04 release, which fixes what I've
proposed.

    My patches (3 small ones) are found at:
        https://github.com/cipriancraciun/otp/tree/patches/erl_epmd-as-proper-gen_server

    To fetch:
        git fetch git://github.com/cipriancraciun/otp.git
patches/erl_epmd-as-proper-gen_server

    To compare my patches:
        https://github.com/cipriancraciun/otp/compare/patches%2Ferl_epmd-as-proper-gen_server
        https://github.com/cipriancraciun/otp/compare/patches%2Ferl_epmd-as-proper-gen_server.patch

    (I hope I got "submitting patches" right. :) )

    I'll wait a couple of days and if there is no feedback, (or better
if there is positive feedback), I'll submit it to `erlang-patches`
mailing list.

    Ciprian.

    P.S.: I've seen that there is also another patch pending in `pu`
branch related to `erl_epmd` which adds support for IPv6. I think my
patch won't cleanly apply over this (as we touch the same functions),
but from what I've seen the fix-up is trivial. How should I handle
this situation? (I think I should prepare a forth patch to merge with
`pu`, right?)