[erlang-questions] Increase the handle limit

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Tue Oct 25 14:54:14 CEST 2011

On Oct 25, 2011, at 1:27 PM, Rickard Green wrote:

> I tried to access the darwin-dev web archive, but I'm not able to access it, so I don't know what have been said to you there.

Mirrored here:

http://groups.google.com/group/darwin-dev/browse_thread/thread/a7e2e4bec12d4472

> I did a quick test on our MacOSX Lion machine which suggests that kqueue() cannot be used for devices. I may have made something wrong, though, but I don't have more time to put on this.

Can you please send me the code?

> If you think kqueue() on MacOSX can be used without fallback, you have to dig that information up and present it for us. Also provide us with test cases that show that it for example can handle devices, etc...

Digging into your quick test would be a good start.

- for hire: mac osx device driver ninja, kernel extensions and usb drivers