[erlang-questions] ets table instead of large record

Jachym Holecek freza@REDACTED
Sat Oct 22 13:19:18 CEST 2011

# Joel Reymont 2011-10-22:
> I have a record of 80 fields or so.
>
> I would like to use an ETS table for each instance of this record.
>
> Each field of the record would become a separate key in my table.
>
> Are there any drawbacks to this approach?

ETS tables are somewhat scarce resource, I'd consider using global
table instead of having it per-instance. Other than that, can you
tell more about expected access patterns, timing requirements and
such?  Things can get tricky if you need something that looks too
much like transactions (but it's not impossible).

BR,
	-- Jachym