[erlang-questions] Increase the handle limit

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Fri Oct 21 21:48:05 CEST 2011

Is the gist of this is that select() has a size limit (1024) which has
nothing to do with the OS limit on how many file handles you can open at a
time? I think Erlang still uses select on a number of platforms and
IIRC kqueue on OS-X is somehow broken so Erlang is still using select() on
the mac.

Does this really mean you can only open that many files though? I thought
this limit was something else altogether.