[erlang-questions] Increase the handle limit

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Fri Oct 21 09:35:32 CEST 2011

I don't think you can.

I bump against this all the time on the Mac.

Erlang uses the FD_SETSIZE setting from the system header files when compiled, normally 1024.

Editing this value and re-compiling Erlang causes epmd to stop working.

My solution is to save the old epmd and recompile after editing the system header files.

On Oct 21, 2011, at 7:25 AM, Martin Dimitrov wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am developing on a Windows 7 machine, Erlang R14B04. The limit of open
> handles seems to be 1200. But this is not imposed by the operating
> system (Windows has a hard coded limit of 16 million handles). So my
> question is how can I increase the handle limit in Erlang?

- for hire: mac osx device driver ninja, kernel extensions and usb drivers