[erlang-questions] refactoring a very large record

Björn-Egil Dahlberg wallentin.dahlberg@REDACTED
Thu Oct 20 22:12:45 CEST 2011

It is.

But rather then "mark-and-sweep" that is hinted at here, erlang runtime
system uses a copying collector.
Without going in to gritty details, anything that can be reached from a
rootset (stack, registers and a few other things) are live data and copied
to a new heap. The old heap is then deallocated.

// Björn-Egil