[erlang-questions] restart erlang app service - kills rest of running code

Wes James comptekki@REDACTED
Thu Oct 20 21:30:03 CEST 2011

Hi.

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 12:57 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@REDACTED> wrote:
> On 20 October 2011 18:41, Wes James <comptekki@REDACTED> wrote:
<snip>

>> but is there a way to restart the 0esvc from erlang?
>
> Why not call init:restart() which does exactly what you need, from

Thank you - that is what I needed.  Ran the code, made a change in the
code, set the message to run that command in place of the other two I
had there and the the new changes showed up!

> inside the VM?
>

>Would erlang's hot code loading allow you to avoid needing to restart
>the VM at all in your case?

I could do hot code loading.  Maybe I'll look in to that later, but
the above works as I need it for now.

<snip>

Thanks again, Dave!

-wes