[erlang-questions] ETS bag performance characteristics

Kris Rasmussen kris@REDACTED
Mon Oct 17 20:08:26 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am currently using the ETS bag table type to store a list of PIDs
associated with a given key. I'm concerned that the bag implementation may
require a linear traversal to remove (and possibly also add) elements to the
bag. Does anyone know how ETS bags are implemented? Ideally, I'd like to
have constant lookups by key as well as constant adds/contains/removals. If
I were to implement this outside of erlang I would use a Map<String, Set>
type data structure.

Thanks,
Kris