[erlang-questions] Define "exists".

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Oct 13 17:59:35 CEST 2011

On 13 Oct 2011, at 15:24, Eric Newhuis (personal) wrote:

> Question:  What should I do to force the atoms from my dependent apps to be loaded?  I've been manually calling Module:module_info/0 just in time but, alas, this is starting to fail due to other module dependencies that are unknown at my call sites.

Eric,

I presume you have a proper boot script?

If you start the system with the command-line option 'mode -embedded', all modules will be loaded at boot time.

This also turns off dynamic code loading - no free lunch here. You can still explicitly load modules, but unfortunately (?), it's not possible to tell the code_server to go from embedded to 'interactive' mode.

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, CTO, Erlang Solutions, Ltd.
http://erlang-solutions.com