[erlang-questions] Erlang SMTP Client?

Richard Carlsson carlsson.richard@REDACTED
Mon Oct 10 22:12:20 CEST 2011

On 10/10/2011 06:56 PM, David Mercer wrote:
> What is the state of the art for sending email from Erlang? I can google
> up a couple of results, but (1) I was surprised there is no such module
> in the standard distribution (that I could find); and (2) among the
> results, I wasn’t sure which is the current state of the art.

If you just want something simple and reliable, going through sendmail
can be a good idea. We've used this library at Klarna for years:

     https://github.com/richcarl/sendmail

For local testing, e.g., on a laptop, I can recommend installing
nullmailer as sendmail replacement rather than postfix or exim4
(http://undesigned.org.za/2007/11/22/nullmailer-a-developers-best-friend) if
you're just interested in forwarding mail from the local machine to a
smarthost.

   /Richard