[erlang-questions] Erlang SMTP Client?

Andrew Thompson <>
Mon Oct 10 20:40:15 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 12:05:40PM -0500, Eric Merritt wrote:
> There is an smtp client here that might be useful for you
> https://github.com/ericbmerritt/erfc_parsers
All I see in this repo is a CSV parser?

I'm the author and maintainer of (in my biased view) the most complete
SMTP library for erlang, gen_smtp:

gen_smtp includes both a SMTP client, and a callback framework for
writing SMTP servers. It's part of several other erlang projects now,
including Zotonic and Chicago Boss.

The other alternative worth considering is Geoff's esmtp:

I'm not aware of any other SMTP clients that are reliable or mature
enough to be considered for serious usage. There's a random smtp fsm
kicking around the internet, but its not maintained and the licensing on
it is uncertain (or its under the GPL, its unclear).