[erlang-questions] Profiling tool to find bottleneck on my Erlang code

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Fri Oct 7 12:02:20 CEST 2011

> As you can see, there is nothing really fancy in kprof. My goal is
> just to put the pieces together, like sequential tracing, aggregation,
> sampling, statistical analysis and being able to continuously run
> inside your live system.

This is extremely cool. I do want to be able to turn it on and off though,
as I might not want it turned on all the time despite the relatively small
impact of tracing. Also, it would be nice if it could take advantage of the
tracing to a port/socket feature, to minimise impact on the running system.
Anyway, thanks for this contribution. It sounds really good and I for one
will be keeping a close eye on the project!