[erlang-questions] INFORMATION: New Git branch-names and strategy

Björn-Egil Dahlberg egil@REDACTED
Thu Oct 6 14:18:35 CEST 2011

A new branching strategy is now in place for Erlang/OTP development and
patch submissions.

A detailed description can be found on our Github Wiki for the
Erlang/OTP project.
- https://github.com/erlang/otp/wiki/Branches
- https://github.com/erlang/otp/wiki/Submitting-patches

To summarize. We will have two development branches: one for features
and one for corrections.

The 'master' branch will now reflect feature development aimed for our
next major release.

After our R15 release we will also have a 'maint' branch which will
include any corrections and minor features submitted by the community.
The 'maint' branch will progress and become our next minor release (e.g.
R15B01).

Regards,
Björn-Egil and Henrik
Erlang/OTP