[erlang-questions] Keeping massive concurrency when interfacing with C

Jachym Holecek freza@REDACTED
Wed Oct 5 00:34:06 CEST 2011

# Richard O'Keefe 2011-10-04:
> On 5/10/2011, at 5:37 AM, Peer Stritzinger wrote:
> [how about a linear algebra library built on top of binaries, not entirely
> unlike NumPy]
>
> Hasn't something like this already been done?  I'm sure I remember reading
> about it.

Yeah, I remember reading the paper with keen interest, but not sure the
code was ever published:

  "High-Performance Technical Computing with Erlang"
  http://www.erlang.org/workshop/2008/Sess23.pdf

Personally I'd consider OCaml/MLton (running as port program over stdio)
for that kind of task, but then I may be missing the point of this thread
(sorry, didn't follow closely).

BR,
    -- Jachym