[erlang-questions] Unicode problems

Witold Baryluk baryluk@REDACTED
Sun Nov 27 23:19:51 CET 2011

On 11-16 20:42, eurekafag wrote:
> Ok, then I'll report it to erlang-bugs. Thanks for the answer.
>
> 2011/11/16 Michael Uvarov <freeakk@REDACTED>
>
> > Because it is a bug. (

Basically you need to add {encoding,utf8} to file:open/2,
in epp.erl file. I am working on small patch to add
simple option to compiler and epp, to make it confiugrable.

This way one can have literal strings with utf8 ("Zażółć gęślą jaźń"),
as well character integers ($ą, $ę, $ł), it mostly because erl_scan
already handles unicode characters without problem.
Unfortunetly binaries with utf8 are not yet working as expected
in my patch.

Try this for testing

https://github.com/baryluk/otp/compare/master...source_code_encoding_in_compiler_and_epp
(just pushed).